First off, let me say Ramadan kareem! May Allah SWT bless you with a beautiful month, with many openings and realisations inshaAllah! Indeed, the much anticipated moment has arrived, and after all the prep, it is time for me to share my Ramadan Plan with you!
1. Guard the tongue. Same old same old. No matter how hard I try, I find myself saying harmful/unnecessary things. This month, "say something nice, or don't say anything at all" and "silence is gold" will be my mottos.
2. Cook. I think it is one of the best ways to give charity, be involved at home, bond with the fam, and make my mother happy -- you can never go wrong with pleasing the mom :)
3. Listen to the Qur'an daily. I'm currently working, and it seems to take over my life. I tried to complete my reading of the Qur'an last year, but I couldn't make it. Still, Ramadan is the month of the Book, to "fit" it in, I'll turn to audio versions. That way, I can benefit from its teachings while I commute!
4. Work on my character. Need I say more?
5. Read. I'm not sure that I'll be able to seek knowledge as much as I did last year, but I want to make sure I read as much as I can. I've picked a few books that I'll read on the go: Martin Ling's Muhammad and Faouzi Skali's book on Prophet Jesus & sufism.
6. Finish learning Rabbal 'Ibadi. I decided that I wanted to learn this beautiful supplication, written by West African gnostic Ibrahim Niasse several months ago. Unfortunately, I've only memorizing parts of it since. Now would be the best time to commit to it again and master the whole thing inshaAllah.
7. Do extra remembrance. Dhikr all the way!