As you all know, Ramadan is a holy month, during which we fast and put an emphasis on spirituality and prayer. It's also a time for sharing and conviviality, and food plays an important role, ironically enough, from sadaqas to iftars and dinners.
Although this equates to a pretty busy schedule, we don't want to neglect our appearance. So, these past few days, I've decided to tweak my beauty routine to fit my daily activities. That's how I came up with a few tips who will work perfect for lazy, tired, busy, and/or people who are on a budget!
1. Moisturize you skin. Since our water intake is greatly reduced, moisturizing from the outside is even more important. Use a moisturizing body wash, and team it with an emollient lotion. I find that natural oils and butters work just as well, if not better, than manufactured lotions. My favorites are coconut oil and Shea butter, I would use either or and apply from head to toe.
2. Keep it odor-free. As for deodorant, I actually use lemon juice*. It might seem crazy, but lemon juice has great antisceptic, firming, anti-bacterial and anti-odor properties. It reduces perspiration and smell without leaving your skin scented. If you want to stay away from scent during Ramadan, but still want to be fresh, I highly recommend it!
3. Get long-lasting smooth skin. If you want to be free of unwanted hair, I suggest waxing. Yes, it's painful, but worth it: you'll have smooth skin for weeks, i. e. until the end of Ramadan, without having to shave, pluck, use creams everyday. Less hassle = one happier you :)
4. Don't forget about face masks and exfoliators! One product that really did the trick for me was plain yogurt. It's known to be moisturizing, soothing, tightening, AND exfoliating! This is killing a thousand birds with one stone :)
5. Fancy some makeup? If I don't get out of the house, I don't bother with it. If I do, I'd use a minimal amount. Check this out for more info.