Ramadan Recap

Salam ladies!

Insh'Allah this post will find you in great spirits! I hope everyone's Ramadan went well. Also, Eid mubarak=) May Allah SWT allow to reep the fruits of our fasting and make of the saliheen (someone say ameen ;)

I feel a little bad that I've neglected my bloggie this month, I'd actually thought of publishing Ramadan-related posts similar to the 'Ramadan & Makeup' one, but I honestly had neither the time nor the energy to do that. Still, I wanted to have a little recap of the month, 1.to keep you guys posted; 2. to draw conclusions as to how to use Ramadan time more effectively and enjoy it more.

First of all, let me say I didn't meet all my requirements for the month. I think I've had set myself too many goals, and combined with worldly occupations, it was impossible to go through my program. I only completed a third of the Qur'an, and didn't contemplate and cook as much as I wanted.

Also, the lack of sleep and food invariably turned me into Super Lazy Bum. After Maghrib, you can be sure I was either praying/doing zikr/eating/sleeping the heck out of me. And this took a toll on my willingness to take care of me. In a month, I did zero face masks, one poor face scrub, and moisturized when I felt like it- that is, half of the time. Hairwise, I've used the' no-fuss method', consisting in reduced hair washing and manipulation> wash, condition, put leave-ins, detangle, put hair in four braids, and be free :) But the thing is, fuss-free hair turned into fuzzy hair LOL there's nothing like bi-weekly washes!

However, I'm quite happy with my Ramadan. I've learned tons of new things, I've been able to meditate and ponder things a bit. Also, I've been given the opportunity to work on my character, which is a lot of work =.=

Ramadan was like an intensive Taqwa training. You use most of your time for Allah, and a tiny fraction for 'foolish' things, so you cut out the extra food, the stupid TV shows, etc. Honestly, this is the best schedule, and I think we should implement this in our lives to a certain extent: more for the akhirah, less for the dunya.

But, I'm not gonna lie, I'm happy to eat throughout the day and to have my music back- actually, I'm jammin' to RHCP's latest tune as I type=)

Overall, I was really happu with my Ramadan, may Allah give us many other Ramadans to enable us to elevate ourselves spiritually!

No comments: