November Favorites


Salams :)

MsDieynaba here, coming at you with my favorites for the past month. Interesting fact: none of them is beauty or fashion-related. This post is more of a cultural one, cause I'm intellectual like that. :p


Those who have been following me for a while know that I'm a history freak. Anything history, I tear up! A French channel came up with Sous Les Jupons De L'Histoire, a show dealing with the lives of French female figures. Here's the twist: it is done in the form of a magazine, covering topics like popular beauty, fashion, and food trends of the time. 

I love history and would watch any show under the sun, but I admit that they can get boring sometimes. This show is similar to Horrible Histories and The Supersizers in that they present historical events in a light, original way. I think people who aren't history-savvy would enjoy this.

I've been watching every single episode of this show, I'm just waiting for them to come out with new ones :)



History meeting religion. Back in Mauritania, while we were watching the MBC channels, I saw an ad. It looked fantastic, but I wasn't sure what it was. A few weeks after our return, a sister I randomly met mentioned a show called "Umar". I searched it online, and since then, I'm hooked! 

I have to say, I don't know about historical/religious accuracy, since I don't know much about Seydina Umar's life (RA). I did feel like they shied away from showing his character (RA), especially in the beginning of the first season.

Either way, I'm super excited for this, at last we have a show with form AND quality, beneficial content -- they seldom have both! Congrats to the 30,000 people involved in the project, may Allah SWT reward them for their hard work!



There's not a drink that I love more on God's earth than tea. So when I came across a Marks & Spencer store, you know the tea department got all my attention. :) I picked the Lemon, Ginger & Ginseng infusion because the cold weather was upon us and lemon & ginger can't hurt.

Mixed with a little bit of honey, it's a spicy, (heart-)warming drink, perfect for the winter. My only problem is, I've run out of it, and I need to go get some more. :)



You know I couldn't leave without raving about some kind of album :) TheNarcicyst's LP, Leap of Faith. I heard about this great Montreal-based rapper and I decided to check his music out. This is so good. The music, the lyrics, the delivery, everything is on point. I found out about it in June and six months later I'm still bumping to this! Can't wait for his next LP to be released!


Thanks for stepping by! Also, I wanted to let you know, I'll be studying for an exam, so I'll be off Blogger for a while. Fret not, you can still find me on Twitter as @MsDieynaba! See you in a few :)

Image sources: cherie25. fr /  wikipedia.org / britsore.co.uk

No comments: