What's In My Suitcase?

Salams everyone :)

As some of you may know, I'm Mauritania-bound *jumping for joy*! I'll be there tomorrow inshaAllah :)

As exciting as traveling is, it needed some preparation. West Africa is extremely hot at this time of year, we're planning to visit family and be in different locations. I want to be modest, presentable, and comfortable, so I took these settings into consideration and that's what I came up with.

Starting with the most important thing: clothing!

I had to stop and think for a minute about how I would dress. 

While in the city, I plan on wearing Western clothes, the kind I would wear in France during the warmer months, i. e. maxiskirts, maxidresses, long-sleeve tees, etc. I made sure I had lots of white/lighter colors because, unlike darker colors, they reflect light. I also picked them in fabrics like cotton or linen, as they let the skin breathe.

Had to bring my pastels with me / my adventure sandals :)

I love milhafas, typical Mauritanian dresses, and it seems like the ones I own aren't formal enough for me togo out and visit family with. Isn't it ironic, they're such no-brainers here, and I will only be able to wear them a few times in Mauritania! However, they will be perfect for traveling inside the country, so I'll do just that iA.

I'll be damned if I ever go to MR without my milhafas! / Fabric I want to make clothes out of

I also wanted to bring a little color with me. Here, the weather is grey and dull, I felt grey and dull, I need to feel bubbly! And don't vacation equal with brighter hues anyways? So I packed the suitcase with fun colors and patterns.


Once I got the clothes thing sorted out, I was able to focus on cosmetics :)

Rainy day + blah photographing skills = poor quality pics :/

Lipikar Gel-Fluide – the hot weather is no excuse to forgo body lotion! This one has a gel consistency with the power of the regular Lipikar hydrator.

Lovea Kids Moisturizing Spray with SPF 50 – I'm not the sunblock kind, but given the harsh sunrays I'll be exposed to, now will be a great time to start!

Clarins Gentle Foaming Cleanser + Sephora Soothing Cleansing Milk

Oatmeal – works as a cleanser, a face scrub, and a mask. What's not to love about my beloved cereal?

L'Occitane Verbena Exfoliating Shower Gel – Not only does this gel smell great, it also has a cooling effect on the skin, just what I need!

Coconut oil – I usually use Shea butter on my face, hands, and feet, but since I won't have them with me, I'll use this great, lightweight, moisturizing oil as a replacement.

Lemon – the best deodorant in the world :)

Onto the makeup...

Rainy day + blah photographing skills = poor quality pics :/

Urban Decay All Nighter Makeup Setting Spray + Clarins Smoothing Primer – a hopefully winning combo to prevent my makeup from melting on my face!

YSL Matt Touch Foundation – it's originally geared towards combination/oily skin, I like its light consistency and mat finish, allowing me to wear just one makeup product on my face.

BlackUp peachy blush

Yves Rocher 360° Mascara + Gemey-Maybelline makeup quad + khol from Saudi Arabia + Kiko Precision Eyebrow Pencil

Urban Decay Primer Potion + Gemey-Maybelline gel eyeliner – for long-lasting eyelooks!

Sephora Glossy Gloss lipgloss + Kiko lipgloss + Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Lipstain – all I need for glossy lips with a tad bit of color :)

Teehee :)

Hopefully, these tips and tricks will help me cope wth the heat. In about 24 hours, I'll be gone, iA, I can't wait! Please keep me in your du'as, until next time :)


No comments: