News + Musical Crush

HEY EVERYONE :)

As I had mentioned earlier, I've been MIA for a little while. I was studying for an employment test -- a serious, grown-up typa thing. On test day, we were about 300 people for just a few positions, we'll see what Allah makes.

Now that I'm done with it, I can come back to blogging. Let me tell you, it feels great! The absence made me realize that it has slowly but surely become my thing. :)

Noticed anything about the blog? It's been revamped! I hope you'll enjoy the clean layout as mush as I do. Feel free to use the toolbar and/or the search tool, to find exactly what you need. Also, I've added the About and FAQ for those who wanted to ax about me ;). Something else I've super excited about: the French-speaking sisters can now have access to content through the Cocorico ! section, inshaAllah.

By the way, happy belated 2014 :) May you get all you aspire to, and more inshaAllah! I don't know about you, but I've found a great way to start the year, that is, with music! Just because I was cramming for my test doesn't mean I've neglected my musical urges. In between studying sessions, I've found great, inspiring, uplifting music to keep me motivated for the whole year. Here goes!

This one, I'm sure you've heard before. It's produced and perfomed by music's whiz kid Pharrell. The song is bubbly, and fresh, the video is great -- made by two fellow Frenchmen, in case you didn't know, we are taking  over the world! Any guesses?


Because I'm HAPPYYY

Ibrahim Maalouf is one awesome discovery. When this song got on the radio, it really struck me. The Franco-Lebanese artist likes to infuse various influences into his music. And as a trumpeter, he literally uses his instrument as the main focus of the song, like a singer would his voice. The result is innovative, unexpected, and passionate. Me. Loves. It.

Jazz, funk, and Eastern music in one song.
Who does that?

Throwing 90s-inspired melodies & melancholy in there
Genius!

This one is my anthem for 2014. Aloe Blacc is a great singer, I loved his album Good Things, so this comes as no surprise to me. Soulful music, powerful lyrics, what can I say, the song's great!

Somewhere I heard that life is a test 
I been through the worst but still I give my best 
God made my mold different from the rest
Then he broke that mold so I know I’m blessed


I'll leave you on that note! What have been listening to lately?

No comments: