OOTD -- One In a Long While







As the title suggests, it's been a long while since I last posted an OOTD. I finally found the time and the lighting allowing me to do just that! 

I picked up this midi dress on sale, which I wasn't really looking for, but since it was modest, I just went for it -- am I the only hijabi who does this? The length and the belt make it versatile and can provide a myriad of looks. Also, the hi-lo thing going on make it extra cool and interesting. :)

This day, I buttoned it almost all the way down, leaving one or two buttons open. I loosely tied the belt in the back to add just the right amount of definition. I paired the dress with grey skinnies, which I could get away with given the modesty the dress provides. The color and the black strip compliment it and add to the outfit. 

Even though it's not featured here -- blame in on the bad lighting -- I also threw on a black trenchcoat. 

I added black booties to further the sleek, slender look, making sure to leave the tongue out to up the cool factor in the outfit. ;) 

I picked this velvety/leathery tote bag because I thought it complimented the look well. Since I've been trying to shop my closet as much as I can, I knew it was time to bring this 8-year old baby out! 

As for the hijab, I went for a quick and easy turban. For that, I chose one of my go-to scarves, the colors are so rich and the pattern brings sophistication to any outfit. Just folded my square scarf in two, put in on my head with ends forward, twisted and tucked. If the explanation doesn't make sense, the pics might help. ;)

To cover my neck, add a pop of color and compliment the turban's, I added a red scarf.

I picked my long-forgotten hoops, because I missed them, and my gold(-plaited) watch, because I needed it. :)



No comments: