My Empties Pt. III


Another day, another empties post! Once more, I went into my old and grimy bottle stash to discuss the products I've used up. Please read below to find out about the products I love and those I gladly tossed away!




Organic Root Stimulator Olive Oil Replenishing Conditioner
If you're a brown girl, you know this! This affordable, easy-to-get product brings balanced moisture to my hair, perfect for protein-sensitive hair. I've been using this for many years, but I found more effective ways to add strength to my tresses.

Mizani MoistureFusion Conditioner*
This is a nice conditioner, leaving the hair soft and manageable. However, for some reason, the smell bothered me. Plus, I feel like there are other similar products on the market.

Herbal Essences None Of Your Frizzness Conditioner
Like all the Herbal Essences conditioners I've tried, my hair likes it. I use it as a replacement for shampoo to wash my hair. It leaves my hair soft, moisturized and smelling awesome. :) We don't really come across these in France, so when I see one of them somewhere, I tend to stock up!

Herbal Essences Seductively Straight Conditioner
I like it, just like its conterpart. I didn't notice any additional straightness in my hair. My main goal is to conditioner wash my hair with this, nothing more. I wouldn't recommend this for its straightening abilities.

Mane & Tail Detangler
Sings *where have you been all my li-i-i-i-ife* This detangler is everything! When my hair is too much for me to detangle, a spritz of this, and the comb just glides through. Of course, I had to go and repurchase! Amazing stuff, I tell you!

René Furterer Forticea Shampoo
My hair has a tendency to shed, the ORS conditioner wasn't helping in that department, this one did! Two washes of this and my hair was nice and strong, no shedding at all. The only reason I'm not repurchasing this is because I found another product much cheaper that gives me the exact same results.

Organic Root Stimulator HaiRepair Conditioner
I was on the lookout for a moisturizing conditioner, this one features banana, with is reputed for its moisturizing abilities. This is a good conditioner, it didn't blow my mind, but it didn't do my hair wrong either. I think I can find a product that will suit my hair needs best.

KeraCare Leave-In Conditioner
This is perfect when my hair is hard to detangle. Used on damp hair right after washing and conditioning, it provides great slip and makes it easier to detangle my hair. A great helper, especially paired with the Mane & Tail detangler!


Nubian Heritage Honey & Black Seed Body Lotion
I wanted a shea butter-based body lotion, so I turned to this one. It's a nice one, you definitely feel the shea butter in it. It leaves the skin soft and supple. It has that body butter consistency, which I like. I just wish this would come in a jar instead of a bottle.

Shea Moisture Lavender & Wild Orchid Hand & Body Scrub
This might be my first storebought body scrub ever, I tend to rely on my loofah for exfoliation. It's really moisturizing, I could forgo body lotion afterwards, it smells awesome, the exfoliating power is correct. However, I'd rather explore the scrubbing market for a bit before returning to that one. ;)

Laino Almond Oil
After reading rave reviews of this oil, I gave it a go. This is the best almond oil I've tried, it has become a favorite. It's excellent as an overall moisturizer and as a face cleanser. I would repurchase if they had a bigger version, I find myself running out quicker than I would like.

Lipikar Body Lotion*
This product is a great way to moisturize in the hot weather. It has that gel-ish consistency that absorbs quickly, leaves zero residue on the skin, and has a fresh scent. It also lasted me a very long time.

Nuxe Rêve De Miel Hand Cream
It's a good hand lotion, with lots of good ingredients to it. It's mositurizing, and has a nice smell. However, I found that €8 ($9) was a lot to put in such an everyday product that goes through quickly, especially with me, since I wash my hands a lot during the day.

Shea Moisture Argan Oil & Raw Shea Body Lotion
I wasn't blown away by this lotion as I thought I would: the consistency was almost scrubby, it didn't give my skin the moisture, glow and nourishment I thought a shea & argan-based product would give.

Sephora Vanilla & Chocolate Hand Creams
These lotions were given to me through Secret Santa at work. The smell is very present and dessert-like, I've had loads of compliments whenever I used them! These hand lotions are also quite moisturizing, which I didn't expect. It's probably affordable, and they have lots of other scents worth taking a look at. :)

Yves Rocher Pumice Stone Foot Scrub
I bought this scrub a while back, when I started my quest for perfect feet. :) It has grounded pumice stone and lavender oil. I find it most useful after going through the roughest parts of the feet with a pumice stone. It leaves the feet refreshed and nourished, great for a pampering session!


Blistex Lip Relief Cream
I really liked this lipbalm, it's soothing, moisturizing, and has this tingly feeling I love so much. The texture is kinda similar to that of a body moisturizer, which is slightly unusual but not offensive. I would repurchase it if I could find it nearby without it being a hassle. :/

Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish Cream Cleanser
I wanted to try a cleansing balm for extra nourishment. I took advantage of my trip to London to cop this much raved-about cleanser. It showcases lots of good, beneficial ingredients. The problem was, the muslin cloth that came with it. It was too harsh for my skin, leaving it less smooth and a bit irritated.

Melvita Avocado Oil
I wanted to try out new oils, this was a nice way to get introduced to this one. This is a rich oil, filled with fatty acids, perfect for that juicy skin. I won't repurchase it because I think I've found my ride-or-die oil set already. :)

Bioderma Crealine Cleansing Wipes
While abraod, I wanted to find a cheap and easy way to remove my makeup. This product was pleasant to use, left my skin smooth, not irritated, and withouth residue. My pet peeve is, it took ages to remove all of my makeup! I wish it was soaked in more of the Bioderma solution for more efficiency.

L'Occitane Eau Radieuse Toner
I got this as a gift. I didn't like using it, as it left a slightly burning sensation and didn't help when it came to adding moisture -- the bottle is almost full, y'all.

Mielbio Raw Eucalyptus Honey
I used this as a replacement for storebought foaming cleansers. It has strong antibacterial properties, and a fraction of the price for Manuka honey. I've really enjoyed using this, it left my skin really smooth, even, glowy, and super soft. :) Plus, it doesn't have a gritty consistency, which my skin resents.


Nars Creamy Radiant Concealer
This is a nice product. It works great for the undereye area, as well as for discoloration on the rest of the face. My only pet peeves are, a. it is hard to find my shade nearby, b. the packaging doesn't allow you to know how much you have left and I'm sure there's some product trapped in it that you can't reach. Also, the price, especially for a product that lastes me a month or two. Other than that, I'd gladly repurchase every once in a while.

Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz
This is a great pencil to give the brows a natural look. It took me a while to get used to the texture which isn't waxy nor chalky. I sometimes add a lighter powder on top to adjust the color a bit. It's not available in physical French shops yet, so I have to get online, and the price is a bit expensive, considering one pencil lasts me 2 to 3 months.

Sephora Eyebrow Pencil
This came across as a cheaper alternative to the ABH Brow Wiz. It's a third of the price, and gives me the exact color I look for, so my brow routine was shorter. However, I ran out of it pretty quickly, and I had to adjust to the consistency, which is creamier than the Brow Wiz's. Still, it's a nice backup plan, available in all Sephora shops nearby. ;)

KIKO Eyebrow Marker
As you can tell, I was on a quest for perfect brows. :) I wanted to use this as a first step to my brow routine. The ink came out whenever it felt like it, which is once in a blue moon. I had to toss it because it was just unreliable. 

NYX Pore Filler Primer
It's a nice pore filler, I'm not sure it lasts all day, but it gives the makeup a smoother appearance. However, I noticed something weird: this thing is filled with air, so a. it flies all over the room when you squeeze some product out, and b. was that made on purpose to make the bottle look fuller?

What products have you been using lately?


No comments: