Hijab & Winter


Salam ladies^^

I've always found that winter is an interesting season. I kinda like the cold and the warmth it. However, dressing up can be a little challenging, especially for hijabis.

So how do we look modest, cute and warm in the wind, the cold and the snow? Well, I've got some tips which might be helpful=)

  • Get yourself some boots. They are key items to your winter wardrobe. The legs and feet are areas of the body that really cold, and boots definitely provide some warmth. Plus, it allows to walk in the snow more easily. I suggest getting boots with little to no heels, you don't want to turn into James Brown when the floor gets all slippery. Pair them with a long sweater and skinny jeans and you'll be good to go!
 
I like how these boots mimic the hunting style=)

 
My personal favourite. I think these are full of character.

  • Rock hats. Not only do they look cool, they're a great way to stay warm in the winter. You can go also 'go unnoticed' if that's what you're looking for. I would wear them with a turtleneck of a scarf for neck and chest coverage.
 
Berets are still hot this season. You can either wear it the Parisian way...

 
...or the slouchy way for a casual look
  • Wear double hijab. This is a great alternative to hats if you'd rather stick with hijab. I've seen this look everywhere, I love how original and edgy it can be. 
 
This seems to be Malay songer Yuna's favorite look.

 
She rocks it with confidence=)

  • Pick thicker scarves. I would stay away from the thin ones and keep them for the warmer months. Instead, I'd pick heavier, even shawl-like pashminas.
  • Wear leggings! I know hijabis usually stay away from these, but I've found a way to wear them modestly, that is, underneath your jeans! Might sound a little dorky, but it works! They're much more warm and sturdy than regular tights.
There you have it!I hope this was helpful=)

No comments: