My 2012 Ramadan Plan

Salam ladies!

First off, let me say Ramadan Kareem to everyone! Hopefully, we'll make the best of this month and work on ourselves - that's what I intend to do incha'Allah. Like I did last year, I came up with a Ramadan plan, and although it has started already, I wanted to share it with you :)

1. Read the Qur'an. Sadly, I didn't get to finish it last year, which is a little disappointing, but I still benefited greatly from the reading. So this year, I won't set anything in stone, I'll just try and read whenever I can.

2. Fast with all members. Basically, that means not doing things I'm not supposed to do, plain and simple :)

3. Contemplate. Taking time to think will enable me to sort some things out, to maybe change my outlooks on them, and achieve a better understanding on what is happening around me incha'Allah.

4. Retire from social networks during the day. That's mostly Tweeter :) I don't want it to distract me from the goals I'm trying to achieve for this month. Also, I use it often, maybe a little more that I would want, so Ramadan will be the perfect opportunity to keep that growing addiction in check!

5. Extra dhikr. Goes hands in hand with pt 1 and 3.

6. Seek knowledge. As for books, I don't have any to read, except from the Qur'an, so I will search online for my favorite shaykhs' works.

What are your plans for this year? Let me know in the comment box :)

No comments: