2012 Ramadan Recap

Salam!

First off, I want to send out a belated Eid Mubarak message to everyone, hoping you all had a good one. I also hope Ramadan has been good to you, with many prayers and openings.

This year, I've had hits and misses, but Ramadan was interesting nevertheless. Remember how I wanted to read the Qur'an and seek knowledge? Well, I barely did so, I had so many things to do, I could barely set out time to sit & read :( When it comes to fasting with all members, I'm afraid I had a hard time zipping it, not good! As for the tiny successes I've had, I've been able to reflect a lot and limit Twitter use, which I'm happy about. Also, I found myself cooking a whole lot for iftar dinners and/or suhoor. It wasn't even part of my Ramadan plan, but it's still a good thing :)

As said earlier, I had so much to do that I haven't benefited from the first two weeks. When we entered the last ten days, I was disappointed because I could see time slipping through my fingers. Alhamdulillah, God has allowed me to take advantage from the end of the month. 

Now that Ramadan is over, I'm in that awkward out-of-Ramadan, in-between phase. I'm slowly going back to my regular habits, but I kinda miss it. Strangely enough, people around me feel the same - even West African TVs keep broadcasting Ramadan programs by popular request :)

So my 2012 Ramadan didn't go exactly the way I wanted, but I still learned from it.



Gratitude is good, but it doesn't feed people. The best way to provide relief is action.
There is a lot of baraka in serving others.
When you complain about petty things, remember how God delivered you from Pharoaoh, forgave the most grievous sins and provided for you.
When you complain about how you're in dire straits, think about how you were in hell and Allah came to your rescue.
"Too much of a good thing isn't a good thing". Don't overindulge.
Have deep humility & gratitude towards your parents. They've eaten dirt and cried tears of blood to make sure you had whatever you have today.
Don't sleep on dhikr. Astarfighullah + Allahumma salli ala Saydina Muhammad + La ilaha illa llah = Light  > "If you could hear the Pen writing your name on the Tablet of Light, you would die of joy"
When you're being blamed for something, listen. Don't miss an opportunity to better yourself.
Have a hard time with a close relative/co-worker/neighbour? Have a good intention, make efforts, leave the rest to Allah SWT.


Enough blabbing! We want iftar/suhoor pictures now!

     
L to R: lamb chops with pesto crust/ stuffed zucchini/ dattes & cream- doing it the Mauritanian way/ cornes de gazelle/ baguette bread/ bread & cheese cake/ nectarine & raisin pudding cake/ French pastry/ stuffed doughnuts

We were lucky enough to keep company during the month. Nothing beats the Ramadan nights!

 Food, company, and Mauritanian tea. What more can you ask for? 
This one is for Haute Muslimah and Hakim Hayden :)

No comments: